Friday, June 18, 2010

Life of a twenty-something




The first step in becoming an adult is obeying the sound of a screaming alarm clock. Being an indolent twenty-something, responsibility is an unfamiliar syllable to me;It comes with hard work and leaving the confines of a comfy queen-sized bed. As the days shorten like sand in an hour glass and sound becomes mute, I am learning how to take flight on this jagged view of the world,looking for wind in any direction.

Growing up is at its most perplexing when we forget the moments that defined our lives,for me its learning to ride a bicycle.It was a time when I held knee scrapes like battle scares and silver medals. The pain of falling and the urge to get up is a spirit that left this frail body of mine,but one day I will zoom through the steepest hill this side of the universe has ever seen. Gotta take it one day at a time and it starts by obeying the alarm clock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment