Monday, July 12, 2010

Justice!










 
   

 The past few weeks have been quite a whirlwind people, but I promise on stack of  composition note books that my absence will never last longer than a few days. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the Oscar Grant verdict. By the wonders of YouTube I was able to watch the execution of this young man;his life was sadly ended by the hands of a law officer. During the moment of his murder, Grant was unarmed and in a prone positon. Apparently, assume the position doesn't matter when one happens to be a black male. Only shoot first and ask questions later. Out of respect to the family and rested soul of Oscar Grant, I decided not to post the YouTube clip of   Grant's murder.

  I know posting this is way late considering the iniquitous verdict and moronic rioting  were  a week back, but a load must  buoy up from my chest.  I haven't heard of Oscar Grant until I read a staggering amount of articles and blogs leading up to the trial of Johannes Mehserle, the officer that ended Grant's life    execution style.  I live a far distance from Oakland and must say that "Oscar Grant's doleful story deserves national attention".  But you and I know such action will not take place, for he was not a superhuman black athlete, nor a white female movie star.

No comments:

Post a Comment